Sunday 17 August 2014

fire safety and home alone

As I have been increasingly trying to leave the kids at home longer while I try and get some light I pondered what would happen in event of a fire or emergency. asking ainsley, who is master of planning emergency due to his obsessions' with extreme weather I was pleased to hear he had all exit strategies covered. that's if he managed to notice the smoke alarm going off, he tends to get so absorbed in whatever he is doing he often fails to notice anything. but he knows all possible exits, getting pets out, staying safe etc. even suggested calling fire service after calling me! but Kathryn is more a worry, she confirmed she wouldn't get out of house, her "stuff" is to important to her so she would shut herself in her room, and she wouldn't phone anyone. I think I am going to have to work with her. anyway I know she would be completely absorbed in whatever she was doing and she would at no stage notice the smoke alarm going off, she just loses herself in fantasy worlds and becomes completely detached from her physical environment. I also have asked them both what they would do if they woke up and found me very ill or even dead, both say they would just carry on, no need to do anything/or call any one. its nice to be cared for!

No comments:

Post a Comment